Monday, October 28, 2013

Funny things happen when you are tired...

Quick story:

Ever had one of those days where you are so exhausted that a pure caffeine IV drip would be unlikely to help pry your eyelids open?

I had a really busy weekend, and here I am on Monday morning at work going through my tasks, finished my XS Energy drink (I don't like the taste of coffee, so this is my caffeine source) and half-way through the morning I am trying desperately to keep the sleep in my eyes from clouding my vision. My eyelids are so heavy, it is doubtful if I could get my contact lenses in.

To wake up a little, I wander into the kitchen to get a glass of water. This is more for the exercise to get blood flowing in my system than it is to actually get something to drink.

I'm standing at the sink, cup held under the faucet of the water filter, my other hand twisting the knob, turning it, pulling it up and down...it won't budge! I'm starting to get a little angry....when I suddenly realize my hand is firmly grasping the spout of the soap dispenser, and not the toggle switch for the water filter at all.

Doh!

I laughed out loud and shook my head. The kitchen was empty, so no one else heard me (I think).

The good news is that I am much more awake now than I was previously - laughter is the best medicine for sleepiness, too, it seems!

1 comment:

  1. How to Make Money From Online Poker - Work Mamake Money
    It also helps to keep your money and make money. หารายได้เสริม Online poker has become an increasingly popular form of gambling for both players and

    ReplyDelete